British Council office

Address: 14 (old 12), Calea Dorobanților

Construction work on the house started in 1900 and it was first owned by Mrs. Catherina Deșliu, as the building licence states (file 179/1900, PMB Tehnic, Bucharest Town Hall Archives), then it belonged to the Simionescu-Râmniceanu family. The British Council opened its Romanian office in 1938. The house it currently operates from was bought in 1994 by the Council. The restoration work began in 1998.